Power plugs & sockets worldwide

Do I need a travel adapter?

United States - power plug and socket

In United States , electrical sockets and plugs are type A or B.
Type A has two flat parallel pins and type B has two flat parallel pins and a grounding pin.

In country United States is voltage 120 V and the voltage frequency is 60 Hz. If the voltage in your country is between 100V - 127V (as is in the US, Canada and most South American countries) you can use your equipment. If your devices are only made for 220V - 250V (as is in the Europe, Australia and most of Asia) you cannot use them and you will need a voltage converter or a voltage converter with a type A or B adapter. If the voltage frequency in your country is different from United States (120 V), some devices may not work properly.

Check the markings on the device before traveling. Each electrical device has a label (often on the charger) stating at which volt range and frequency it works - example “INPUT: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz”. If this range is also in the target country, you do not need a voltage converter, just check the type of socket / plug. More information about the voltage converter can be found here. Device power label Many modern hotels are equipped with several types of electrical outlets. If you already have a selected hotel where you will be staying, call there and ask about the types of electrical outlets. If you have not choosed a hotel yet, you can check them out on (Accommodation - booking.com)

Neighboring states with United States and their electrical plugs.

United States is located in North America. Neighbouring countries are Canada, Cuba, Mexico. These countries and their types of electrical outlets can be found in the list.